- Nicknamed the “Tom” because they feature Thomas Jefferson’s portrait on the face
- Has been linked in the past to bribery, election rigging, gambling, prostitution, and bad luck in general
- Used by Clemson University, Geneva Steel, and 2nd Amendment proponents
- Originally printed between 1862 – 1966, then printing resumed in 1976 for the Bicentennial
- Printing $2 bills is twice as cost-effective as printing $1 notes
- Are still in circulation today and occasionally printed
Nothing earthshattering, but interesting.